Saturday, March 6, 2010

Getting started is easy; not getting distracted? Not so much.

Do you ever feel the need to create, the desire to see something coming together right beneath your fingertips? I feel it all the time, and there's an excitement and thrill...and then *poof*. I see that my room is a cluttered mess and I can't possibly sew with it looking like this, or my mom calls from downstairs and asks me to watch the busy little toddler we babysit while she runs out (for about an hour,) and my whole train that was gaining steam has now come to a stop.
Well, so much for that. Try again tomorrow. Nope, not today! Today I'm going to throw that load of clothes in the washer very quickly while I still have steam going. Today I will pick up the stacks of book and make them into one singular stack of books while I'm still humming with excitement. Today I will thread my sewing machine and ignore any clutter because if I stop nothing will happen and I'll never find my happy place even for a moment. Today I'm going to find my happy place and then I'm going to pat myself on the back, because it won't even matter whether I finish the project anymore, I'll just be happy that I started on it, because a project half done is one that I will have to come back to over and over.
Now, right at this moment let me take the first step and put on my "day clothes" lol.

Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!