Saturday, November 13, 2010

Farmer's Market visit

A few months ago I took Taylor to the Farmer's market near us (DeKalb farmer's market) and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. When I was very small, my parents use to take me there. My sister's and I loved going over to the HUGE live catfish tank and have my dad dip his hand in the water and make all the fish jump and splash water at us. We would all squeal and dodge the water before begging him to do it again and again. Once I reached about the ripe old age of ten I started to think of the Farmer's Market as synonymous with the strong fish odor that would greet you at the door...and since my dad stopped going with us because he started working normal shifts, it was no longer "fun." 
Taking Taylor brought back so many memories, and the only thing more fun than seeing her discover all the wonderful items they have, was rediscovering them myself. Here are the pictures :-)
Taylor enjoyed the samosas in the cafeteria (mmmm fresh cooked food!) 

From chicken salads, to cole slaw, to baba ghanouj (no, I didn't make that up, it's a dip made of eggplant,) the dip area is a mouthwatering sight!
The amount of cheese there will blow your mind :-)



Elisabeth Arona

3 comments:

  1. I wish we had a farmer's market like that around here.

    I am so excited that someone else knows about baba ghanouj ! When I say that I love it, they look at me weird! Like, what is it?
    Yummy.

    ♥♥♥
    Suki

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!