Monday, September 9, 2013

What can I say?

What does one say when one has been away for so long?
"I missed you" seems inappropriate since I did stay away of my own accord. 
"I'm sorry" seems inane...

How about just hi!
After a long year of working, I decided to tell everyone goodbye and come back home. This was for a lot of reasons, most of which I'll just say are personal--that way we won't have to go over it (you know how long-winded I can be.) 

I'm now teaching my younger sisters at home. 

I expect there to be an awkward silence right there. 
Why? 
What do you know about home school?
Are you qualified? 
Why???

Okay people! One question at a time! 
You may or may not know that I was home schooled. I consider myself a fairly well-rounded (if a bit "unique at times) individual, and college was great; I was a suggested tutor. When my youngest sisters needed schooling, my oldest sister (who is an "actual" teacher) began teaching them, then she married and moved away. Since then it's been a combo of my mom and others of us older sisters. When I left my job and school was about to start up again, it seemed like the thing to do. I want them to enjoy learning, but most of all I want them to learn (even if they refuse to enjoy it.) I need to learn discipline, and if you knew my sisters, you would understand why if after working with them I haven't learned it, I never will. 

See long answer above for all the other questions. No, seriously. Didn't expect that, huh?

So, it was supposed to be a short update on my life now, but really it was too long. Let me hurry with the rest--or you could just read faster.

My etsy shop is empty right now. Crickets chirping and cobwebs. 
I'm working on that. I've actually draped several rather nice garments, now to get them made into pretty fabric.
I have a new project-don't sigh or shake your head-I really do. For once, I want to make sure it's something that I'm capable of doing before I show you.
I am living by the Mediterranean diet except when I cheat mostly, by orders of my doctor. I'm trying to make it fun by shopping at the farmers market and having new recipes to cook pretty much every day. I'm racking up in the library ya'll! 
I'm trying new things for my skin.
I'm really addicted to pinterest. You can find my on there, my username is Lizzisays. Or I think you can go here.

I promise I am going to start blogging again, hopefully at least every week. If you could get a glimpse into our house you would be laughing all the time, so maybe I'll let you in occasionally.

Elisabeth Arona



4 comments:

  1. I am glad to know you are ok. I went to your Etsy account and wondered what you were doing. I understand completely, since I have been sewing constantly since February, thank GOD. I am starting my clothing designs, I look forward to seeing your designs. Keep in touch

    Duchess
    duchessdesignsllc@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Sometimes life gets in the way...I feel good about getting my health in order before making creating a part of my life again.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to the blog world Lizzi!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!