Saturday, June 18, 2016

A Bright Idea

A few weeks ago I received a text message from a friend in another state. It was unusual because we're friends but keep in touch mostly through the occasional Facebook comment. She asked me something about sewing, and I got nervous. Since I've had the chance to do custom work and it has bitten me in the butt more than once, I don't feel the initial excitement anymore.

She sent me some pictures of some pretty simple skirts, and I told her they were totally doable. We started talking prices, and then she got to the really cool part: She wants an African print skirt! As you know, Hancock fabrics closed down this week, but I was mentally going through the store trying to remember if I'd seen any of those. I was pretty sure I hadn't. Going by there, I realized I was right and they didn't have the fabric, but I did find a pattern on sale! I can't resist passing these sales on to customers and see them get excited too! 

Fast forward to a couple days ago, and I went by the discount fabric store (don't let the name fool you, seriously) and there it was! I am absolutely looking forward to this project now. My friend couldn't decide because there were three rows of assorted fabrics like the one below! COLOR!

What new (or old) projects are you looking forward to this summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!