Friday, July 29, 2011

Still

There was days when encouragement doesn't come as easily as other, when everything is frustrating and a minor crisis...in those times be still. There are a million verses to support this suggestion, but I'll just give you one.

Psalm 4:4 "Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still." 
You know how some people count to ten when they're upset or about to say something that they might possibly regret? Well, this is the same kind of thought. Just be still, connect with what it is you are feeling and come up with a solution or realize that you can't come up with one and that you will just have a good attitude anyway.

At the moment I'm sitting still preparing myself to scoop the dead fish out of the fish tank. I really wish my dad had sat still and thought on his grand idea to dump a dozen minnows left over from fishing into the tank in the first place, but I give up.

Elisabeth Arona

P.S. Linking up with (in)courage on this great idea to write a blog post on one word on Fridays (not sure I even explained that right, but that's okay.)

6 comments:

  1. Good advice! That's a good verse... a good reminder.
    And I feel your pain about the fish... best of luck with that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love how you connected the verse with your situation:)
    Jeweleighab

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting better at this. We (my husband and our mothers) were talking about grief last night and how I like to use activity to dodge the feelings.....Sometimes I just need to be still and allow God to heal the cracks in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!! Thanks, Elizzy. Copying and pasting into microsoft word to let Jenifer read this.

    ♥♥♥
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Wendy!
    Julia, I had to find something to make me remove that fish lol
    Suki I'm glad that you liked it, and I hope that Jen does too.

    Becky, it's so much easier to ignore how you feel when you're moving all the time...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!