Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Homeschooling Help

My oldest sister is having a baby. I know you're thinking "aaaaand...?" so let me explain why this is significant. She and her husband are the first among their brother's and sisters to get married, my sister is the first to get married out of all the grandchildren, and now she'll have the first grandbaby (on her hubs side and hers), great grandbaby, and niece/nephew! My mom is going to be a grandmother for the first time, enough said. She has decided to go stay with my sister for the remaining three weeks of her pregnancy leaving me to keep the house. This will consist of waking up at 5 AM to cook my dad breakfast every week morning, supervising my two little sister's home schooling, cooking dinner every day, and even babysitting the little boy (about eighteen months old) that Mom normally babysits. Whew. Yes, I'm tired already, but in my effort to be a great "mommy" I have trolled the web looking for resources, especially for school. You will get to benefit from the fruits of my labors. Most of these sites are great for any kids, not just home-schooled ones.

This site is great because you can decide how you want your worksheets more or less. I use most of the sites for math, but other subjects can be found on most of these too.
Kid Zone is a great place to find cool kiddie worksheets. They're cute, and there are lots of subject to pick from! 
The Homeschoolmom site has all sorts of resources that will get you out of the house, from piano lessons, to art classes, and you can pick out your state. Now the home school kids that we know are going to a home school skate night with us at the rink in the near future!

Enjoy!

Elisabeth Arona

7 comments:

  1. Check out this site Arona!
    http://donnayoung.org/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat chocolatedog. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Elizzy! This is great training for your future. :)

    I know you are a very busy lady, for sure.

    5AM - eeeeeeeeek! LOL

    Love and Hugs
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  4. all i can say is U CAN DO IT

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll understand if you have bouts of AWOL on Etsy!! Hope its an enjoyable and satisfying experience for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all goes well with the homeschooling, etc. I am sure you will do fine. (((((HUGS)))) Congrats on being a aunt soon!!
    Christie (luvncrafts.etsy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowsa!! This is going to be a pile of work-but I'm sure you will do great. It will be such a blessing to your sister to have your mom there at the end of her pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!