Friday, December 10, 2010

Sharing while sitting in traffic

Today was grocery shopping day. The road that leads to the Walmart I shop at is always packed. There are two lanes going each way, and it's ridiculous. The store is two or three miles away, and yet, it takes about 15 minutes to get there! As usual, I was intermittently singing Christmas songs, listening to my little sister yap in the backseat, and yelling at the driver in front of me (bad habit.) Monnie (little sister) told me that the guy in the car over waved at her. I smiled because it was an elderly man, and he had a dog in the passenger seat. Next thing I know he pulls even with my window and motions for me to roll mine down. I do, and he calls over "Jesus loves you!" Me: "Awwww, He loves you too!"
I'm the type of person that would've started a conversation with the guy right there in our cars at the red light, but he rolled his window back up after that with a smile on his face. I wanted to tell him I was a Christian, and how much I appreciated that, but he may have read it in my huge smile...the one that stayed on my face the entire ride to the store. This is why I love Christmas season. I thought, then revised it: This is why I love the South. Then revised it again to: This is why I love Christians!
For unbelievers/non-Christians, oftentimes Christmas is their happy place. It's the time of year that they must be happy, say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone, leave extra big tips, think of others before themselves, and generally be a nice/nicer person. They get in "the spirit" of Christmas. As a Christian, all year round should be my "happy place". I have Christ in me so I'm already in the Spirit! Each of the things that Christmas is about, it's only about because of Jesus! I know, I know, you're saying "Wow, real deep thought Elisabeth!" but to me, it was a deep thought. All of this because of an elderly man with a dog, that decided he was gonna share his joy, the thing that makes him smile. He didn't know if I was a Christian or if I was an Atheist and would say "I don't believe in God old man, keep your religion to yourself!" He just went for it. I love that.
So here is what I have to say to you with a big smile: Jesus loves you! If you don't love him back, and need to hear all the great things about Him (as if His birth/Christmas isn't impressive enough) let me know...my email address is right here on my blog.

Merry Christmas!

Elisabeth Arona

6 comments:

  1. Great post Lizzie, we've got 'Jesus Loves you BIG' cards that we give out to people. It's pretty cool to go thru that experience today. Would have brought me joy also!
    Merry Christmas to you my dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's so cool Tricia! I think we have some with like gifts on the front, cashiers love em. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jesus and He loves me! Yay!

    ♥♥♥
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soooo wonderful how the man just decided to say that to you! Love it!!!
    I wish everyone felt the same way, or just knew that Jesus loves them. We'll just have to keep spreading the word like the man in his car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, we should be in our "happy place" all year. Love this post! (and yes, I love Jesus, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Blog Liz... Nicely said...I would have like to be a "bug in the car" for that lol. (There isn't a wall) lmbo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!