Thursday, October 23, 2008

Step out or stay put?

Okay...I'm half afraid to show this, but here is a small part of my final project for Illustration. Since a new quarter has started we can run and get our old projects. I have a wish, a "kinda-secret-not-so-secret" wish to sketch designs for people who want a dress or other article of clothing custom-made. Many can describe what they want, but can't convey that idea to a seamstress who needs a picture-or a sketch. That's where I could come in! I've sketched a dress for a friend of mine, and for my sister (not that they ever were taken to a seamstress), and they really liked them...I have looked online and seen several sites for sketching your design-in-mind, and a few are actually at a decent price, and a few are just ridiculous. One charged about $200 to sketch an illustration of the customer on her wedding day in her gown. I just don't really know where to go from here. I know that I'm not quite as good as I need to be, but I have to start somewhere, right? I'm really just afraid to step out, my faith here is miniscule.
About school starting on Monday...well it didn't. I went early and printed my schedule only to find that I didn't have classes starting on Monday, so I went back home tired and a bit irritable. On Tuesday I was ready though, bright eyed and bushy-tailed for my first class of the quarter. A couple of my classes don't look inspiring, but the other two are right down my alley. Those classes are trend forecasting, and advanced clothing construction where I make a sports jacket. I have a nice dark brown wool for it, hopefully it's worth wearing when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!