Saturday, December 6, 2008

I've been researching for a paper I have to write in English composition I on going green in the fashion industry, or eco-friendly design. I was shocked by how many ways there are to "go green" and how unnoticed they have remained. Lately there is a lot about being green, and all that, but you rarely think about it as being so usable in the fashion industry. One of the biggest things that surprised me was that shopping at thrift stores is considered sort-of eco-friendly. Earth-friendly people tend to frown on throwing away clothes just because you no longer like them. It's a good thing I've always been a thrift store person, being a pack rat anyway, I dislike throwing things away when I think I may be able to use them...unfortunately I rarely am actually able to use them again, but that's beside the point. I just thought I'd share this, I think making some changes in the way we reserve what God has given us whether it's energy or other recyclable resources is a good idea. I believe one big reason it's so overlooked is because it seems like so much work, and no one wants to go through extra stress or worry.
If you want some sources I'll put some on later.
Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!