Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving, definitely worth being thankful for.

The things that make us happy normally involve people we love. I had the best Thanksgiving. We spent almost a week at Mary and Richard's house, and as big as our family is, with as crowded as things were, it was still great. Somehow I picked up an allergic reaction to something there starting Thursday, and it created quite an itch. I was shocked when welts started popping up Friday morning. By Saturday I couldn't take it any longer and bought allergy pills. I spent a lot of time with John and Rachel, I think we all got to hang out much more than we expected.
Would you believe I caught fish? Yes, I went fishing. My brother-in-law convinced me, so on Friday morning I went with the family-minus Julia and Sarah-and fished. John came along and he and I bickered back and forth and laughed the whole time. I believe his doubt of my fishing skills drove me to greatness, and I didn't even bait a single hook!
Tuesday Mary took us to a thrift store. The thrift stores are really great there, I found a very nice skirt, and a target brand skirt for Julia (right up her alley definitely.) On Saturday we went to the flea market where I bought a cool Southern girl tee shirt and taught Rae how to eat boiled peanuts. Sunday John, Rae, Peter, and I went to Saki, a hibachi (sp?) grill. The food was delicious and the chef was hilarious. It was my first time (John thought that was something worth making fun of) and it was awesome. By the way I do realize that I have the days out of order, I just wrote this any kinda way.
Depression set in when it was time to come home, but I'm much better now. I have to say that it was worth the missed schoolwork and all. Speaking of which, I missed two classes and am still ahead of everyone on the jacket I'm making. I think everyone is just chillin in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!