Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Events without appreciation...

You know the kind of weeks where you work your fingers to the bone and no one notices, where you give suggestions and push for it only to be told to stop talking?? Yeah? I had that kind of week. I helped plan an event that I was supposed to only cook a single dish for. I ended up doing a lot of other people's work, as well as running and getting most of the things that I suggested in the first place at the last minute (it really didn't feel that great to be right.) I'm still  a bit childish and have to come to grips with people not caring what I think, or giving me props for getting things done lol. Sooo, in an effort to rise above here are a couple of pictures of things that I accomplished or am in the process of accomplishing.
Here is my oldest (pregnant) sister displaying the cake she made...The fondant was fun. I made a teddy bear, bottle, and a pacifier out of it (all on that cake.) I also made the watermelon fruit salad...It was a little more time-consuming than I first speculated.

Here is a shirt I am working on. It needs a few little things...but hopefully I'll work it all out at least by midweek!!

Now that I think about it, it brings to mind the verse: "Let every man prove his OWN work and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone and not in another." 

Elisabeth Arona

6 comments:

  1. Lizzy, looks like you did a lot of things and that yellow shirt is just beautiful, so soft and flowing, show it to us all when its done.

    Talk to u soon

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that yellow shirt and would to see it when it's finished.
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep--planning successful events is typically as you described--one or a few people do all the work and usually know one but the individual(s) his or herself conceives how much toil, sweat, and $$ was actually spent. On a more cheery note, check out this blog. Remember the family that lived across the pond when u guys stayed in Bfrt SC--this is the Mom's blog.

    http://wwwacreativeheart-hope.blogspot.com/2010/06/meet-rosie.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizzie it is truly always that way. We do it out of love (and secretly hope someone will notice). I echo the comments on the yellow shirt, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the feedback! I ended up changing a few small things, and soon I'll take some pictures and post them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great yellow tank and lots of awesome talent you've shown us here!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!