Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dolls and fabric shelves

Hi there! I'm so happy to be here with you again! These are completely pleasant circumstances too, how blessed are we? I can hardly believe I want to blog after I blogged yesterday, but I am so so excited and can barely contain it. I had a fabric shelf custom made for me, and felt I must show it to you. I will happily link you back to the creator-though whether he would happily make you one or not is not currently known. Let me start by saying that it was made to my exact specifications (I feel so important being able to say that),  and it turned out SO beautifully.
Here is the full-length view. It's beautiful! The shelves are nice and deep and can fit so much more fabric than if I'd bought a bookshelf or some nonsense!
Here is the picture of the shelves inside the cabinet part. Don't you love the ornate little handles he put on! This same man (and his son and grandchildren) makes pens to sell

Okay...now moving on to my other latest and greatest news. While you may be uninterested, indifferent, unappreciative, or any other long word, about me making a big deal of this, I have to!! A friend of mine-Sheila of sewfaithful on etsy named a doll after me! I realize that you really dignified people are like, "And?" I'll answer that short question "And it's awesome, and you're at least a little impressed!" Here she is in all her innocent glory :-)

Click on her picture to see more pictures of her or to buy one just like her...OR one just like you (she does custom work.) 

Whew, I'm worn out after all that chattering on. 

Elisabeth Arona


10 comments:

  1. You are going to have to get lots of supplies to go in that cabinet! It will hold so much....lol.

    Sheila's dolls are precious. I'm glad she decided to make them....AND to name one after YOU. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lizzi number two....LOL....don't know if we can handle two of you....LOL
    She is cute and so are you and you know I envy that cabinet.
    Love♥
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzi - i think it is so appropriate that the Lizzi doll is drawing in her photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, the shelf will hold tons! I don't even sorta have it filled yet with my stuff!

    Moni, you can handle two of em, especially when one is as cute as the one above :-)

    Rita, I liked that too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the Lizzie doll and I can't wait to see all the awesome projects that your new shelf inspires you to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you! I am hoping to be able to add a Lizzy doll to my collection some day. I LOVE HER! and I LOVE YOU!

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shelf is so awesome, I would love one like that. And the doll is just precious, of course! ^_^

    Hugs,
    Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  8. that doll is so cute. what an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shelves are such a blessing! I just love the doll also. Such sweet items she makes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!