Monday, April 9, 2012

Side ponytails and pollen

Summer is almost here! Except for the pollen and all this sneezing (not to mention breathing problems) I am so ready! Bring out the summer clothes and summer hairstyles.

I don't know how many of you natural curlies are out there, but this is your time to shine! My sister got highlights put in today, and now I'm dying to do the same with my hair. I got it highlighted a year ago, and so there is still a little goldish color in half of my hair, but the rest is dark dark brown.

For Easter I changed up what I normally would have done for a "special occasion" and kept my hair natural (because side ponytails go with pollen like peanut butter goes with jelly lol.). I will eventually get into the process for how I semi-controlled this curly side ponytail, but for now I'll just share a picture. Due to all the terrible allergens right now, I'm in the middle of-or should be in the middle of-cleaning my room (lol.) Dust be gone!
What's your favorite curly summer style?

15 comments:

  1. I don't have beautiful curly hair so I envy yours! It's beautiful! I too am ready for the pollen to be gone, but for me living in the northeast, I have allergies year round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly have seasonal allergies, but sometimes it feels like I'm allergic to life itself!

      Delete
  2. Girl, can we trade hair for a week? I think yours is gorgeous! I guess I can see how it would be annoying to work with, but, really, it's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week and you would never say those words again lol.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful hair! My brothers got my mother's super curly hair and the three of the four sisters' hair is straight as a string!! As for pollen for me - June is coming up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most beautiful hair! I am going to get highlights next week too: ))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those curls Lizzy! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lizzi-it does look tame and obedient. I know it was a lot of hard work on your part to make it look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I think the work was worth it in the end--mostly.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!