Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's all in the way you look at it...

The wind was blowing today, and even though that meant that when I went outside to snap these few pictures I came back in sneezing, somehow the breeze was okay. These same trees were outside yesterday, as were the flowers, but yesterday I didn't even notice them...Today I thought of how beautiful they were with the wind blowing through the leave. 
What happened yesterday that I didn't take the time to notice all the beauty around me? Nothing about my eyes was different, I could see like I do today, but I didn't feel joy in it like I did today. Life is all about attitude. I had to write about this because today I've seen so many things that reminded me of how I should treasure every day. A show I watched had a lady dying, and she made the statement "I didn't waste a single year of my 72 years." Something about that struck me, and I said "Wow...that's a big claim to make. It must be wonderful to not look back and regret that year that 'nothing went right'." Yes, the show was fiction, but later on facebook I saw a status someone had put up about how as children we see things as exciting and beautiful and once we grow up we're constantly too busy to pay attention.


The bible says "This is the day which the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it". Did you notice that it said nothing about whether the day was sunny and warm or cold and dreary? God made all of our days, and I'm going to make a conscious effort to rejoice in each and every one. 

2 comments:

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!