Thursday, July 22, 2010

How to live a healthy life without killing yourself...

Okay...Let's start at the beginning. I am trying to go vegetarian for a few weeks. If you knew how much I need to eat meat, you would understand, but you don't so you don't :-( Today I had flatbread, so I decided to make a pizza with the things I had in the house. I think the pictures are self-explanatory so just go with it and have fun!
I didn't have tomato paste, but what good is a challenge if it's not challenging?


Ripe tomatoes straight from the garden my dad tends diligently like his own children :-)


Mmmm, the finished product after popping it in the oven to cook. It was actually really good! What have you made when your kitchen was mostly empty?

Elisabeth Arona

12 comments:

  1. this is by no means healthy or even good but an old roommate of mine used to eat noddles with bbq sauce packets she had saved from mcdonalds when money was tight. gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...that sounds quite unhealthy, but it does sound cheap :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw I have your veggie burger page up for the day I go grocery shopping...it looks delish!
    http://mrsbettierocker.blogspot.com/search/label/vegetarian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spaghetti with delmonte tomato sauce with butter.

    I never eat meat cause I can't. How about eggs and fish?

    ♥♥♥
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizzy, thaT ACTUALLY LOOKS GFOOD !!
    Sorry, I did not mean to yell...(grin)
    I am eating fish and the "egg beater thingy" plus veggies and fruit...how's that...
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Arona! Cute that you challenged yourself... I once had rotini pasta, a can of tuna and spices... so, I combined the pasta, tuna, basil, olive oil and parmesan... kinda like pesto-from-the-pantry. It's actually pretty good (and good protein/carbs) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lizzie, i actually have a cookbook with 365 posta recipes - most of which are meatless and use ingredients that you probably have in your pantry.

    I love getting it out and trying one of the recipes. Some of them have become family favorites.

    In the Italian culture, pasta with vegetables, drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkle of romano cheese is a normal dinner. In the old country, they did not consume much meat because that meant killing one of their farm animals. The veggies grow for a long season. I believe the climate is much like Atlanta.

    Sorry.....looooooooooong

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm - I love creativity with food. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't gross out Suki, but we used to mix a little canned tuna in our grits when we ran out of bacon or sausage to eat with it.

    "the egg beater thingy" :-D

    Sheryl it sounds like a better version of tuna helper!

    samgram thanks for telling me that actually. Interesting stuff is okay even if it's long lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmmmmm....garden tomatoes are my fav!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!