Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kentucky on Thursday

Do your brothers constantly annoy you, occasionally have shockingly deep conversations with you, and teach you new things? Yeah, mine didn't. I never had brothers. I grew up with three sisters, and then eight years ago we added on two new ones. Still no boys. I have hung out with guys a lot, but sometimes I really get a little taste of what having brothers would be like; the good, the bad, and the ugly all come out.

I am at my friend's house and she is preparing for a wedding this Saturday so we are Busy (notice the capital B.) My friend (we will call her H) has eleven siblings, two of which are married, but basically it's a full house. I have realized several things from these guys.
1. They mean well. Sometimes guys say and do stupid things (from a girl's emotional standpoint,) but generally they mean well, they just picked the wrong time to tease. In their defense they really just seem to have a hard time judging when someone shouldn't be messed with...I'm a girl and it took me awhile too!
2. They can really teach you how to play xbox. I learned in about ten minutes and am now sure (with almost male enthusiasm) that I could beat my "teacher" at it if I tried hard enough.
3. They LOVE their sisters. Yes, they can be annoying, but they're showing their love in their own way. Really, having brothers is major awesome for protection from outsider males. Not only do they keep the bad ones away, sometimes they keep ones that they just don't like away too!

Anyway, I'm having a great time here...I really wished for almost a whole minute that I had brothers today :-) then I realized I could borrow someone else's with much less trouble and that's what I'm gonna do.


Elisabeth Arona

3 comments:

  1. Very well put. Sometimes I am more than willing to give my brother away or forget to pick him up from school on purpose lol. But he definitely has shockingly deep conversations with me and he is only 14 lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday you will have brother's...when your sister's get married it will be a whole new ball game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I have a brother-in-law. I love him to death, he can be fun, annoying, and even pretty deep sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!