Saturday, September 10, 2011

Deer and chicken and pork...

Today was a normal Saturday...

                I ran errands and didn't get any rest...

Believe it or not, I attempted several naps and didn't get past the dozing stage even once (out of three tries.) Does that make me a little pathetic?


            Generally on Saturdays I cook for Saturday evening meal, and the afternoon meal for Sunday. So after a quick run to the grocery store, that's exactly what I did. Tomorrow we will be having baby lima beans and curry chicken. I know I should have prepared some starch, but I wasn't feeling it. Tonight's meal was also a bit meager-pork roast with diced potatoes, and some steamed mixed veggies. I heard no complaints. 
           I read in a book about blogging that if your blog is not ALL bible-based or religious, then you shouldn't mention religion, it also said that you should be yourself. I'm confused as to how I can be myself and never talk about something that means so much to me!
         
         This morning my mom called my little sisters downstairs to the kitchen (there's a big window in the kitchen that looks out onto into our backyard) to see some deer eating breakfast. I took some low-quality pictures through the window. It reminded me of a verse:

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so my soul panteth after thee, O God. Ps. 42:1 












May I seek you daily, even moment by moment Lord...earnestly in a way that only one with true desire and need can. Amen.




Elisabeth Arona

8 comments:

  1. Mmm. I love that verse, and the song based on it. Thanks for sharing!
    I think it's perfectly fine to combine "religion" with blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were going to EAT deer when I saw the title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, Did I mention that the book also said to come up with clever titles that would make people read it? That was the plan anyway lol

    My sisters and I use to sing that song Faith :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a good daughter to take care of so many meals. Love the verse along with the deer picture. They are so lovely to watch.
    PS-I always considered lima beans a starch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHA a starch in a bean! I am brilliant!--and didn't even know it lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I think you should be yourself. Always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Elizzy, JUST like you!

    ♥♥♥
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love baby limas!! A vegie and starch all in one. :) Perfect verse for your deer photo. Lovely song....now stuck in my head...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!