Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Working Wednesday

My left hand is really hurting (I'm left-handed) because I've been really working it with drawing so much, typing, playing angry birds, and even a bit of serging and sewing thrown into the mix. I've been generally busy for the whole two days of this week, and I have to say I'm pretty darn proud of myself.

I don't know if everyone remembers my last post about a shelf and cabinet that was specially custom-made for me. No? Well, it's pretty awesome. I've filled it with fabric and I know a few people asked me if they could see it. Well I took a picture. I also want to show off my latest illustrations and get opinions on them. I mean honest opinions.

Sitting in front of it is my serger and now that I'm looking at it maybe I should stack the fabric in a more interesting -or neat-way.

Here is my illustration...I have another one that I recently did that you can see here

Elisabeth Arona

14 comments:

  1. You did make a good choice with that sewing cabinet. And the drawing is lovely. Really. Honest. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, My fabric is all higgledy-piggledy too. I like it that way!
    I have to say from where I am sitting it looks a little like your girl has a very hairy leg. But I do realise that is actually the signature. Only saying because you did ask for honest opinions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly the way I would organize!
    Love the illustration. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzie, that cabinet is lovely what a cool place to store your fabrics. Your illustrations are beautiful keep going!! Blessings Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure fabric can be very organized, unless it's in boxes or plastic containers, and then it only looks organized. Be careful with leaving fabric out like that, if you really do have roaches. Mice got into my stacks when I was at college. Yuck! Now I try to keep it in boxes, if I can.
    I LOVE all your illustrations! If I had a daughter, I'd put one up on her bedroom wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very proud of you too! and the drawing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faith, A plastic container would be better than a box, roaches like the glue in boxes-I read the other day.
    Niki, I love it to death and thanks :-)
    Judy, thanks.
    HannahBanana, once you said hairy legs I totally saw it myself...UGH.
    Sheila, you're such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sewing cabinet. You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabric is so hard to stack neatly. Maybe you could roll them up and tie them with ribbons? Great storage cabinet. Your drawings are absolutely wonderful!!!

    blessings, zuda

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are really acting on your creativity now:) Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Angel

    Kelly, I can't seem to stop bragging about it. You would think I made the thing.

    Zuda, I need ribbon...but you're right, that's a good idea.

    Julia, so excited about this phase :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice storage cabinet, maybe you can organize by color? Rolling with a ribbon is a good idea.You might also want to put some kind of tag that has the fabric size also so that you won't have to unroll them to check.
    I see the hairy leg thing too but still love the drawing and the talent behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm proud of you too. Now enjoy a great couple of days with your friend and then come back and work some more....lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!