Thursday, September 8, 2011

This is what I do--I think...

For those who don't know, I am attempting to start a business.  I am starting a business. I have an Associates Degree in Fashion Design and I think it's about time I used it. Part of the reason I haven't promoted much before, or really made a full decision to do this is just mostly my own silliness. I am insecure and nervous, and fear the unknown. I was asked by an intelligent person "How do you know if you don't try?" Hmm, you have a point there...

I am currently filling up my shop. First, I'm going to switch shops for the name that I had planned to use all the way through school anyway. I won't tell you what it is yet, but when I have done it I'll let you know so that you can go give me your heart (I'm not demanding, just requesting.) Though I may seem calm, this is a big step for me. I've been poring over business books and articles, asking questions of people who are highly competent at what they do, and just praying that I won't have a nervous breakdown.

In the meantime, I want to show my latest creation (if you will.) Since I lack at self-promotion skills, this is my attempt at it :-)
Above is my rather junkie sewing machine (don't worry it's clean junk) and the shorts I made for a friend. I'm working on my designs for shorts, I'm going to change them up soon and all my friend in blogosphere will be the first--or at least firstish to know. 

Elisabeth Arona

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Julia. I guess we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Lizzy! I wish you all the very best in your new shop. If you ever need anything from me, just ask OK. ^_^

    Hugs,
    Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lizzie! btw, it's not a junkie machine, it's a professional machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on jumping in Lizzie! You can do this! You have lots of people behind you and who believe in you and your talent.

    blessings, Zuda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you and I know everyone else is also. You have come a long way, my dear!
    God and the team has your back! We all love you!

    ♥♥♥
    Suki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee Lizzie! Cheering you on in this new
    venture. Love the shorts, too!
    Hugs!
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lizzi, now you can fill up that beautiful cupboard with bolts and bolts of beautiful fabric, get cute little baskets to put on the shelves to hold, elastic, threads, buttons................. You go girl !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! It's nice knowing I have people in my corner :-)

    Rita, I have to take a picture of my shelf now that it's filled up!! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!