Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Meeting up with Etsy friends



Cinder the dog and I



This past week I went to Virginia and told all of my etsy/Christian Arist Street Team members that I was going to be in the DC area. Those who knew more about the area than me, knew that Bowie, Maryland was "right around the corner". Forty-five minutes isn't really that close, but in the greater scheme of things it is.

Fun Fact: D.C. is approximately 10 hours from where I live in GA. 


In actuality I was going to Virginia to visit a friend with a friend of mine (Tanee) from Thursday through Sunday. Everything was busy all the time, but I was only going to have free time on Saturday evening luckily.

I was so happy to hear that Angel of BamCraftyMommas would be close enough for me to see! The friend I rode to VA with wanted something fun to do and invited herself along and I needed a driver and agreed! After forty-five minutes of non-stop talking and a few mistaken exits, we made it to Angel's parent's house. I checked the mirror--yup, I still looked the same, then I called to say I'd arrived. I think I was too shy to go up to the door and knock.

Bammy/Angel came bounding out of the house and we did one of those slow motion running into each other's arms things...not really, but we did hug and squeal like we had known each other for a good 10 years (half of my lifetime.)

Let me use just a moment and insert that I actually did take a quick break to go look on youtube for an appropriate running into each other's arms video but couldn't find one...oh well.

I'd been at Angel's house and met her adorable daughters, as well as her parents, awesome husband, and other miscellaneous family members for about 2 hours maybe, when there was a knock at the door. She jumps up and goes "I'll get it!" I was like, "Wow, she must not have seen that family member for awhile!" She opened the door all dramatic and says "Well hello my special friend, it's so nice to see you!" I'm sitting calmly watching until I recognize my other etsy friend Sheila (of sewfaithful on etsy) that I email like at least several times a week...
.............................
.............................................
..............................................................
..........................................................................I would like to say that being the mature person I am, I stood gracefully and walked over and said hi. 

But I can't. 
I jumped up screaming and ran and almost squeezed the life out of her. Hey, I was living in the moment! Like a few teenagers, we took a picture and posted it to twitter right away (Click here to view).

Then we talked and talked and talked. There is nothing like meeting someone(s) you already have connected with online, and finding that they really are truly as special in person as they are in cyberspace.

Here is the first picture. I love it because we're all laughing and looking a lil crazy (check out my eyes lol)
Bammy's question: "Do I look like a dork?" Why yes you do, so do we all lol.

This picture is the best one of us all--we jokingly called these double oreo pics, but really it has to be one of those like sand-colored double oreos 
Left to right: Tanee, Sheila, Bammy/Angel, and me. 

And here I am again with Cinder the dog, who I joked loved me because someone else black was in the house and she felt less outta place:

Have you met up with a cyber friend? I would love to read about it. Post a comment with a link and I'll check it out.

Elisabeth Arona


19 comments:

  1. You ladies are all so gorgeous. And I am so happy that you had a chance to meet and laugh together. So good!!!

    I loved meeting Angel not too long ago and it sounds like we might meet up again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so so funny, Elizzy. Wish I was there!

    ♥♥♥
    Sukie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you! I will even forgive you for posting that picture of me! can't wait to hang with you again my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that was such a great time. I'm glad we have pics to remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I loved this post!!! Great photos and Lizzie you are so funny. Blessings Niki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you all had so much fun getting to know one another face to face. Makes me smile and have a happy heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww yay! This is so awesome! loved the pics hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a fun "read" Lizzi. I almost feel like I was there too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know the rest of us who hang out on the CAST discussion thread are insanely jealous. You are gonna share some of these photos with me to put on the CAST blog aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bammy, you can't hate me and yet love me lol.

    Sue, I'm sure that we can find a picture for you :-) Maybe the first one we took since it's the one that's all cast.

    Suki, maybe one day...

    Becky, maybe you're next for me to meet!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a great opportunity to meet - It's funny how we feel like we really know one another via the computer and really we actually do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely that you could meet up. Is New Zealand too far away lol? Start saving everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOW FUN!!! I am so glad you all got to meet! Looks and sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, how fun is this! Glad you got to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to come to New Zealand!! Great pics of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a wonderful time! I'm jealous, I'll admit it. I wish I were there too!
    I like your humour, Lizzi:)
    from Julia

    ReplyDelete
  17. HEY let me know i'm near there and am in CAST! Im near DC..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!